Pharmaceutical processes generating dust
- Tableting machines
- Laminating Machines
- Fluidized bed drying
- General ventilation of rooms
Farr Gold Series Camtain for pharmaceutical applications
- The units Farr Gold Series (GS) can be used in many pharmaceutical dust collection applications including tableting machines, coatings, drying, fluidized bed dryers, mixing, granulation and general room ventilation.
- Camtain GS models are perfect for high efficiency filtration.
- Containers for the filter cartridges and the extraction of dust in the dust collector. Cartridge replacement system uses a "bag-in / bag-out" (BIBO).
- Camtain GS models can also be used to irritate dusts and fumes that do not require full containment.
- Camfil APC has containment dust collectors for pharmaceutical applications in North America, South and Central Asia and Europe.
CGS2 on pharmaceutical and general dust suction hood from Several
Benefits for pharmaceutical applications
- In the Farr Gold Series ® Camtain ® , filter cartridges are sealed via an internal cam action bar, ALLOWING convenient change-out through the safe change filter replacement system.
- High entry, cross-flow Inlet Eliminates upward Velocities The re-entrainment of the particulate matter.
- For heavy loading applications, vertically arranged filters.
- High efficiency filters up to MERV 16 stop 99.99% of the dust at 0.5 microns!
- Specially Treated filter media.
- Gold Cone® cartridge filter design Provides 25% more media for long service life. HemiPleat ® filter technology This product is no longer available.
Farr Gold Series dust collector.
Continuous liner container system for dust discharge.
The Farr Gold Series is a winner for our pharmaceutical applications. It is a way ahead of the curve of anyone in the dust collection industry. The results from the potent compound are very positive. Nice work!
-Project Engineer, Major Pharmaceutical Company
Surrogate Tested Dust Collection System for Performance Verification
The Farr Gold Series dust collection system contained Camtain has been independently tested for validated performance verification. A major pharmaceutical company's surrogate testing protocol was independently yearly contracted, AIHA accredited laboratory (Bureau Veritas) performing the testing.
Using 100% milled lactose as the surrogate, we file Managed over 48 area, personal and swab samples Than 1.0 mcg / m3 for an 8-hour time weighted average. Full test report is available upon request. You can download a summary of the surrogate test report now .
Health and Safety Considerations
Two key Concerns are critical When handling pharmaceutical dusts - the potent, toxic or allergenic properties of the compound as it relates to a personal exposure and explosion properties of the compound.
Health / Containment
The first outcome of this study is a review of the Occupational Exposure Limit (OEL). In MOST cases, some level of isolation and containment is required due to the fact that the pharmaceutical dust is extremely potent while capturing in a non-producing area and can not be released into the surrounding environment.
In MOST cases, Farr recommends a HEPA secondary polishing system. With HEPA backup systems, the recirculation of the air filter back into the HVAC system is possible. This can be used to reduce the amount of filtration required by the EPA.
The cartridge filters in the GS Camtain Can Be Safely Replaced by a two-person crew with the safe change filter system.
Worker safety Often requires explosion protection.
The second concerns Involves deflagration and explosion potential. Control measures Such as explosion venting , chemical removal and isolation systems May be required DEPENDING on the physical characteristics of the dust Relating to Kst, MIE and the rental of the collector.
When explosion winds are required, they must be vented to the outside by the collector Placing Either outdoors or ducting the exhaust Either chemical suppression or containment designs for explosive and isolation valves make more sense than venting The environment.
Farr recommends an independent PE SPECIFIED what explosion protection is required for a material as it Given concerns a standards in NFPA, ATEX and the major insurance carriers.
Here are some informative materials Regarding health and safety in industrial dust collection:
Article: Five Ways New Explosion Venting Requirements For Dust Collectors Affect You (PDF)
OSHA Instruction on the subject of the Combustible Dust National Emphasis Program (PDF)
Summary Table of Surrogate Test Report on the Farr Gold Series Camtain (PDF)
Farr Gold Series ® Camtain ® Options
Containment systems and equipment options - SPECIFICALLY designed for the GS Camtain in pharmaceutical applications are available.
Safe-exchange containers are available for both the filter cartridges and the discharge system. The exchange cartridge exchange. Watch video.
Other Pharma Specific Options
In addition to the safe-change containment systems,
Pharmaceutical Upgrade Package
- Heavy duty building and stiffeners rate housing to 0.44785 bar
- Deflectors added to Eliminate all internal horizontal ledges
- Closed cell silicone gaskets and caulk at all bolted connections
- HEPA pressure differential gauge.
- Burst detector
- Vertical plenum
- Up to 1016 mm diameter vent duct
- Weather hood
Two Farr Gold Series Camtain CGS6 models were applied in pharmaceutical Guayama, PR
Proper Application of the Farr Gold Series ® Camtain ®
Camfil APC HAS SPECIFICALLY year Entire team assembled to support the pharmaceutical market. Qualified engineers on this team will work with you to Properly apply a Farr Gold Series dust collector. Below is a sample of the issues / considerations:
- Is the material file Managed Looked Being a potent compound?
- What is the source of the dust?
- If it is coming from a process machine which is the manufacturer of the machine?
- What is the air volume that the collector is required to handle?
- What is the Estimated dust loading?
- What are the hours of operation?
- What is the required total static pressure the collector is required to Withstand?
- Will the collector be Located indoors outdoors gold?
- What is the maximum operating and temperature?
- What is the Kst value (deflagration index) of the dust?
- Will they be using wind or explosion suppression system an explosion?
- If suppression system, Are they asking us to Provide this?
- If venting, Are They venting through a wall (horizontally) or ceiling (Vertically)?
- What is the distance from the wind duct?
- Is containment specified? Is it for Both the doors and discharge?
- If the unit is indoors what is the size of the room (lxwxh)?
- Are pre-filters / after-filters required? Do they require safe change filter replacement?
- Is the jobsite domestic or overseas? If overseas, what country?
- Does the customer currently-have dust collectors? Whose? Are They contained?
- What do they like / dislike about collectors / collectors with manufacturers who have experience?
Proper implementation of the Farr Gold Series. Camfil APC HAS industry professionals dedicated to the pharmaceutical market Who can Provide a free, one-demonstration website with a trailer mounted unit.
Users and Specifiers of the Farr Gold Series ® Camtain ®
The Farr Gold Series Camtain is now specified by MOST major pharmaceutical companies.
Insulated Farr Gold Series Camtain units ready for shipment.
APC Contacts for Pharmaceutical Applications
Pharmaceutical Market Manager
European Pharmaceutical Market Manager
Cell: +44 (0) 7834 322200
Latin America Pharmaceutical Market Manager
Phone: +1 (787) 687 0663
Mobile: +1 (787) 404 8888
Fax: +1 (787) 687 0667
Customer Reviews of Farr Gold Series Camfil units in Camfil APC's high bay factory.